FULL SET of 17 and 25 Degree Universal Reduction Dies
Estimated delivery: 03 Apr 2023 - 10 Apr 2023
This is a full set of the universal double sided folding and reducing dies ranging from .7″ to 1.6″ openings at 17 degrees for optimal folding and reducing. These dies can be used in conjunction with the stabilizer folding cones and mandrels to fold U.S. dime to Silver Eagle sized coins leaving no mark on the inside of the coin. This die can also be used to fold and reduce similar sized coins for final sizing of coin rings. These dies can be used in conjunction with each other to pretty much fold and reduce all coins 🙂
Get all 11 reduction and folding dies with a tool holder!
There are a few dies available now that look similar to Jason’ Works dies but they do not compare to the quality. Jason’s Works folding/reduction dies are guaranteed to be the best as they are polished on the inside for superior performance. The high polish reduces the force needed to reduce and gives a finished polish directly onto your ring’s edge.
UNIVERSAL FOLDING/REDUCTION DIE DESCRIPTION:
This is a full set of the universal double-sided folding and reducing dies ranging from .7″ to 1.8″ openings at 17 degrees for optimal folding and reducing. These dies can be used in conjunction with the stabilizer folding cones and mandrels to fold U.S. dime to Silver Eagle sized coins leaving no mark on the inside of the coin. This die can also be used to fold and reduce similarly sized coins for final sizing of coin rings. These dies can be used in conjunction with each other to pretty much fold and reduce all coins 🙂
DESCRIPTION OF “FAT TIRE” REDUCTION DIES:
These are double sided reduction dies with .7″ to 1.6″ openings at 25 degrees for the optimal fat tire look on your coin rings. The faces are at a special 25 degree, allowing for the detail on the outside of the coin ring to be better protected while reducing during the final sizing. These dies are specifically used to get the smallest sizes possible during the final stage of sizing. These dies are to be used in conjunction with the other dies available and not by themselves alone. You can achieve more of the “fat tire” look by using these dies last. Coin sizes that can be used range from U.S. silver eagle to dimes.
* NOTE * These dies should be used after the initial reducing has been done from the other dies in the set, and not by itself alone. This die will help your coin ring to achieve more of the rounded edge look (Fat Tire).
Here are some testimonials I recently received regarding these tools:
“Just a quick note to you to thank you for always being ahead of the curve and providing us with the best tools I’ve ever used in this craft. your dedication and willingness to help us all is incredibly inspiring. Thanks Jason, I’m a huge fan, and a willing ambassador of your products.”
Bill Ludicke Capital Coin Rings, Inc.
“I have so much more confidence with the art of making rings since you sent me your manual, dies and folding cone so I wanted you to know I’m absolutely grateful. It definitely comes down to the equipment! Thank you…
“All dies are perfectly finished stainless steel with polished inner surface for smooth/easy coin making, and labeled on the side with each die size, as well as the Jason’s Works name. I’ve only found 1 other manufacturer who makes a similar product but Jason’s Works is more refined with better finish for smoother operation while still being the same price, so it was a clear choice to get this set especially since his center punch and folding cones are light-years ahead of the competition’s technology/precision/features/ease-of-use.”
Angus MacGyver on Apr 25, 2016 5 out of 5 stars
“…….. I made 4 rings so far.
For my first attempt I picked a random quarter because I didn’t think it would turn out perfect without some practice. Strangely, all turned out amazing and look like the ones you make! …………..The other 3 rings turned out perfect and I attribute it to your tools and videos because I wouldn’t have known how to fix wobbly rings or any other problems if your training videos weren’t so detailed and informative. I’ll send you pics of these four rings tomorrow because I forgot my camera at work yesterday so I’ll grab it when I go in. I’ll also be sure to leave you 5-star feedback for every tool I purchased and used ………….. I’ll probably try dry lube like you have soon. …..the quarter turned out perfect without it and that was the first one I made. I’ll get the 17 degree die set shortly so I can make larger coins since the Durston’s stock die plate can’t accommodate anything larger than a half dollar size. Damn this is a fun hobby! Thanks again for making the best commercially available coin ring making tools in the world. The quality, craftsmanship, designs, and ease-of-use are incredible! Totally worth the +$1000 I spent on them!”
Why buy these reduction dies from Jason’s Works? Here are some reasons to consider:
1. The absolute highest quality of material. An improvement over the D2 steel, hardened stainless steel is used for these dies. Extra attention to detail has been given to make sure there is a high polish to the inside faces of these dies to allow for the easiest reduction and folding even on the toughest coins. If you look closely at competitors dies, you can see a very rough finish on the face of the dies, this will adversely affect the efficiency of the dies.
2. Hardened stainless steel offers the highest degree of efficiency for folding and reducing while having the highest in rust resistance. No more rusty pitted dies!
3. My tools are often imitated but never duplicated.
4. Only California residents pay sales tax. All other state residents are tax free.
5. Unmatched customer service. If you have a question, you can always contact me through Etsy.
6. The best angle for ease of reduction of larger coins including copper and brass medallions. This design has been tested and proven for almost a decade of use.
7. Buy from an actual coin ring maker that understands the tools and originally designed them. I have coins for sale on my etsy site and use these exact dies to make my coin rings.
8. When I first prototyped these dies years ago, the cost was $75 each. I have been able to get the cost down as much as possible to help get the best tools at the best price to coin ring makers.
9. These are 100% guaranteed
10. Why pay a little less for an inferior die? Buy the best, buy from Jason’s Works!
These dies can be used in conjunction to pretty much fold and reduce all coins 🙂
*The coins pictured are not included*
Be sure to follow me onYoutube and Etsy for new tools coming out.
Highest polished dies guaranteed, or your money back!
Back in 2008, when I was first prototyping my original universal reduction dies, I noticed that a high polish was essential for making the highest quality coin rings. The perfectly burnished edge of the finished ring is only one benefit.
The primary reason for the high polish is for less force required to reduce the rings. There are also other beneficial attributes only found in the original Jason’s Works dies, such as hardened stainless steel to maintain the high polish over a life time, where other’s dies are not.
These tools are crafted and hand polished by master aerospace machinists that use only the best materials and techniques. These machinists not only make the tooling for Jason’s Works but also for NASA, U.S. Navy, Space X, Boeing, and others.
I not only sell the best coin ring tools but also make and sell my own coin rings and teach classes on how to make them. Please visit the classes page and RioGrande.com for class schedules and other tools available.
Look for the Jason’s Works name and logo and be confident you are purchasing the best coin rings tools available when you buy from Jason’s Works, I guarantee it.