The original four pack! Three Coin Ring Reduction Dies and One “Fat Tire”
Estimated delivery: 27 Oct 2021 - 01 Nov 2021
The original four pack! Use these universal dies to fold and reduce coins from half dollar size to silver eagle sized coins. These are the ones you need if you have a Durston or Pepe ring stretcher reducer machine ((RSR)….Thanks Josh! 😉 ).
The die plate that comes with these machines can make dime and quarter sized rings by folding and reducing. If you do not have one of these models of RSR’s, you will need an additional .9″ x 1.0″ die that I sell (or folding puck from Skip king) to fold quarters.
Why buy these coin ring reduction dies from Jason’s Works? Here are some reasons to consider:
1. The absolute highest quality in material. An improvement over the D2 steel, hardened stainless steel is used for these dies. Extra attention to detail has been give to make sure there is a high polish to the inside faces of these dies to allow for the easiest reduction and folding even on the toughest coins. If you look closely at competitors dies, you can see a very rough finish on the face of the dies, this will adversely affect the efficiency of the dies.
2. Hardened stainless steel offers the highest degree of efficiency for folding and reducing while having the highest in rust resistance. No more rusty pitted dies!
3. My tools are often imitated but never duplicated.
4. Only California residents pay sales tax. All other state residents are tax free.
5. Unmatched customer service. If you have a question, you can always contact me through Etsy.
6. The best angle for ease of reduction of larger coins including copper and brass medallions. This design has been tested and proven for almost a decade of use.
7. Buy from an actual coin ring maker that understands the tools and originally designed them. I have coins for sale on my etsy site and use these exact dies to make my coin rings.
8. When I first prototyped these dies years ago, the cost was $75 each. I have been able to get the cost down as much as possible to help get the best tools at the best price to coin ring makers.
9. These are 100% guaranteed
10. Why pay a little less for an inferior die? Buy the best, buy from Jason’s Works!
These are the reduction dies as described in my manual. These four dies can be used to fold and reduce half dollar, dollar, and silver eagle sized coins.
DESCRIPTION OF EACH UNIVERSAL DIE:
Coin Ring Reduction Die # 1:
This is a double sided reduction die as described in my manual with 1.500″ and 1.625″ openings. This die can be used to start reducing United States Silver Eagle sized coins. This die can also be used in conjunction with the plastic bearing balls to begin folding dollars and silver eagles leaving no mark on the inside of the coin.
Coin Ring Reduction Die # 2:
This is a double sided reduction die as described in my manual with a 1.300″ and 1.400″ openings. This die can be used to reduce United States dollar sized coins. This die can also be used in conjunction with the plastic bearing balls to fold half dollars and dollars sized coins leaving no mark on the inside of the coin.
*NOTE: You will need the larger die to begin the folding process with the plastic balls for dollar sized coins.
Coin Ring Reduction Die # 3:
This is a double sided reduction die as described in my manual with 1.100″ and 1.200″ openings. This die can be used to reduce United States half dollar coins and finish sizing dollar coins to smaller sizes. This die can also be used in conjunction with the plastic bearing balls to finish the folding process of half dollars and dollars leaving no mark on the inside of the coin.
*NOTE: You will need the larger die to begin the folding process with the plastic balls for half dollars and dollars.
Coin Ring Reduction Die #4:
This is a double sided reduction die as described in my manual with 1.100″ and 1.200″ openings. The faces are at a special 25 degree, allowing for the detail on the outside of the coin ring to be better protected while reducing during the final sizing. This die is specifically used to get the smallest sizes possible on the larger coins during the final stage of sizing. This die is to be used in conjunction with the other dies available and not by itself alone. You can achieve more of the “fat tire” look. Coin sizes that can be used are the half dollar, dollar and Silver Eagle.
* NOTE * This die should be used after the initial reducing has been done from the other dies in the set, and not by itself alone. This die will help your coin ring to achieve more of the rounded edge look (Fat Tire).
Highest polished dies guaranteed, or your money back!
Back in 2008, when I was first prototyping my original universal reduction dies, I noticed that a high polish was essential for making the highest quality coin rings. The perfectly burnished edge of the finished ring is only one benefit.
The primary reason for the high polish is for less force required to reduce the rings. There are also other beneficial attributes only found in the original Jason’s Works dies, such as hardened stainless steel to maintain the high polish over a life time, where other’s dies are not.
These tools are crafted and hand polished by master aerospace machinists that use only the best materials and techniques. These machinists not only make the tooling for Jason’s Works but also for NASA, U.S. Navy, Space X, Boeing, and others.
I not only sell the best coin ring tools but also make and sell my own coin rings and teach classes on how to make them. Please visit the classes page and RioGrande.com for class schedules and other tools available.
Look for the Jason’s Works name and logo and be confident you are purchasing the best coin rings tools available when you buy from Jason’s Works, I guarantee it.